Climate Tools Workshop
2° Investing Initiative and Beyond Ratings are delighted to invite you to: Climate Tools Workshop: Aligning Climate Targets, Pledges and Actions of Financial Institutions and Corporations with the Paris Agreement
2° Investing Initiative will bring together asset owners, asset managers and technical experts to discuss ways to foster interaction between investors and companies, develop a more comprehensive understanding of their needs for climate-related tools, as well as showcase and gather feedback on existing and emerging tools.
Since COP21, climate alignment target-setting by investors and banks has evolved into a popular concept accepted by mainstream financial institutions and governments.
However, until now, target-setting has mostly been seen by large financial institutions as a way to measure changes in the climate assessment of their portfolio by improving the value of the underlying indicator to communicate on progress, rather than one to drive impact in the real economy.
In order to drive actual impact but also to comply with marketing regulations, it is critical to establish market standards on:
- What is a relevant target from a technical perspective? (discussion on current target frameworks)
- How to evaluate investment and impact opportunities triggered by the Paris Agreement objectives?
- How to measure and report progress toward climate targets?
- How to implement a climate strategy and what existing tools can support investors’ actions?
A number of our own ongoing initiatives are related to those issues, notably the following:
- The creation of a comprehensive PACTA climate toolkit with new functionalities such as a target-setting simulator, company reports consultation module, stress testing excel tool
- The development of a model to identify investment opportunities arising under a 2°C carbon budget in partnership with Beyond Ratings, now part of the Information Services Division (ISD) of London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).
Why attend ?
- Learn from industry experts on existing and emerging climate-related tools
- Hear from investors and corporates on how these tools are shaping their actions
- Influence the development of emerging tools and methodologies for measuring the impact of climate actions
16h50 - 17h00: Welcome
17h00 - 17h20: Introduction: Shifting the economy toward the objectives of the Paris Agreement
17h20 - 17h50: Support technology pathways assessment within the Financial sector: Presentation of the methodology & concept, functionalities and case study
17h50 - 18h10: Q&A and roundtable discussion
18h10 - 18h40: Setting decarbonisation targets for Institutional Investors: Deep dive into PACTA target setting module, methodology and concept
18h40 - 19h00: Q&A and roundtable discussion
The workshop will be followed by an hour of networking drinks organized at Chai Brongniart 33 Place de la Bourse, 75002 Paris.
Simon Messenger, France and UK Director, 2°investing Initiative
Rodolphe Bocquet, CEO, Beyond Ratings
Emeric Nicolas, Head of Data Science and Systems, Beyond Ratings
Emmeline Stein, Analyst, 2° Investing Initiative
Please send an email for registration and save the date by downloading the calendar information at the end of the page.