On 18 March 2019, Beyond Ratings became the first financial rating agency to systematically integrate Environmental, Social and Governance criteria into its financial ratings for public issuers.
This new rating agency features three key innovations:
- Integration of new systemic risks such as climate change, inequalities, and biodiversity loss
- Build on innovative initiatives such as Waves, Inclusive Wealth Index
- Develop existing International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- The agency will seek a public-private partnership
- The management is overseen by a Supervisory Board gathering key international stakeholders
- The rating methodology is transparent and shared for advice with a Scientific Committee comprising independent experts
- The methodology will be continuously improved thanks to a network of partner organizations with recognized international expertise (academics, foundation, think tanks, NGOs)
- Country assessments will be fed and enhanced thanks to value-added data and insights provided by the network
Beyond Ratings is registered in accordance with the European Regulation (EC) No 1060/2009 on Credit Rating Agencies
The Agency will initially focus on public bond issuers to later extend its scope
to infrastructure bonds and utilities.
- They support us